SOMETHING NEW & SUPER FUN!
Join the Cape Town Science Centre’s ONLINE CODING CLUB. We invite your children to find their online tribe in this exciting new virtual club.
WHO SHOULD JOIN?
This club is for beginners, children who have never used SCRATCH* before or have just started using SCRATCH*. This course will whet their appetite for coding, giving a general hands-on overview of essential block-based coding, while they create something cool! A great foundation for coding.
WHAT MAKES THIS COURSE UNIQUE?
– LIVE LESSONS – Lessons are not pre-recorded, we will be with your child every step of the way.
– EASY PACE – The two lessons per week will include demonstrations, discussions and reviewing the weekly building blocks in order to build a playable game.
– SMALL GROUPS – A maximum of five children per club. Your child will get to interact with their peers and trainer, asking the questions they want to ask.
– ONE-ON-ONE SESSIONS – Each week one of the trainers will schedule a 30-minute one-on-one session with your child to monitor their progress and troubleshoot any problems they may be experiencing.
– ADDITIONAL RESOURCES – Each week you will receive two support videos or worksheets.
– SHORT & FOCUSSED – your child will create a complete project within the two-week course.
Let’s start your child’s coding adventure together!
Dates: 29 June – 10 July 2020
Course Duration: 2 weeks
Club format: 8 sessions (2 x 30 minute group sessions per week PLUS 2 x one-on-one session per week)
Course level: Beginner
Club size: Max 20 children, broken into smaller clubs
Cost: R350 (non-members) ● R300 (members)
Bookings: contact Tasneem – email@example.com or 083 276 9508
With Scratch, you can program your own interactive stories, games, and animations — and share your creations with others in the online community. Scratch helps young people learn to think creatively, reason systematically, and work collaboratively – essential skills for life in the 21st century. Scratch is a project of the Lifelong Kindergarten Group at the MIT Media Lab. It is provided free of charge. scratch.mit.edu/