Saturday, 9 February 2019 | 10:00 – 13:00
An opportunity to discover or re-discover the centre, meet the team and receive our revitalised Education Programme for 2019 – offering new workshops and addressing new and exciting areas of learning. Mr Brian Schreuder, the WCED Superintendent-General (Head of Education), will be the guest speaker on the day.
One teacher/school will walk away with a voucher to bring 60 learners to the Cape Town Science Centre for FREE during 2019. This prize includes a facilitated interactive curriculum related school group visit as well as transport on the day of the visit.
9:30 – 10:00 Arrival & Registration
10:00 – 10:05 Welcome Address – Julie Cleverdon – Director of the Cape Town Science Centre
10:00 – 10:20 Mr Brian Schreuder – WCED Superintendent-General (Head of Education)
10:20 – 10:40 MJ Schwartz – Education Manager at the Cape Town Science Centre
10:45 – 12:00 Rotation Programme *
12:00 – 12:30 Refreshments
12:30 – 13:00 Science Show & Lucky Draw
* Rotation Programme – Teachers will be in groups according to the phase they teach to be exposed to the types of activities the CTSC has to offer their learners.
021 300 3200 | email@example.com – Please make your booking early to avoid disappointment.
• All teachers attending events at the Cape Town Science Centre (CTSC) will receive a Teacher Pass which gives you FREE access to the CTSC for the whole year.
• There is NO FEE to attend any of these events and bookings are on a first come first served basis.
• Resources will be available for you to take back to your school.
• Light refreshments will be served at all events.
We look forward to supporting you in 2019 and building a community of STEMI teachers in the Western Cape. #MyCTSC
With sincere thanks to the Western Cape Education Department, Microsoft, HCI Community Transport Programme and RSA Litho for supporting these events!