Get Prepared! Welcome to the Cape Town Science Centres first MATRIC PHYSICAL SCIENCE WORKSHOP focusing on ESSENTIAL SKILLS to write the Physical Science final exam!
The Cape Town Science Centre, in partnership with the UNIZULU Science Centre, recognises the challenges facing the performance of our Matric learners and wishes to launch a one-day intensive workshop which will directly impact the skill and cognitive ability of matric learners, enabling them to better perform in their forthcoming final exams. Physical Science Grade 11 and 12 learners and teachers are welcome to this workshop.
The workshop will cover Physical Science Paper 1 and Paper 2. We shall focus on some of the skills necessary to succeed in the final exam papers. The workshop includes practical demonstration on certain prescribed and recommended experiments, in-depth explanation of the theory, a strategy for approaching complex and difficult content areas, and review of previous CAPS exam questions. This skills-based workshop is a combination of content review before the exams and enrichment to better equip the learners to excel in the forthcoming exams. Interpretation skills will be highlighted within in the workshop, in particular interpreting graphs, models, diagrams, formulas etc. and providing a strategy which learners can use to read, interpret and produce required content (graph, diagram, formula etc). Strategies for computation based questions will also be examined.
MATRIC SCIENCE WORKSHOP: ESSENTIAL SKILLS FOR PHYSICAL SCIENCE
PARTICIPANTS WILL RECEIVE A FREE 60 PAGE BOOKLET!!!
DATES: Saturday, 11 August – FULLY BOOKED
TIME: 9:00 – 15:00 (incl. a lunch break – please bring own lunch or coffee shop on site)
VENUE: Cape Town Science Centre, 370B Main Road, Observatory
OPEN TO: All Physical Science Learners (Grade 11 and 12) and Teachers (FET).
COST: R60 per person
– The SAME programme will be repeated each day, therefore it is only necessary to attend one of the days.
– BOOKING ESSENTIAL. Space is limited. Advance payments will secure bookings. Please complete reply slip attached to this letter.
HOW TO BOOK:
1) Phone 021 300 3200 or email email@example.com
2) Complete the reply slip – download the form
3) Send the completed booking form with the proof of payment to firstname.lastname@example.org
4) You will receive a confirmation letter once your booking has been processed and confirmed
Participants will be given worksheets to complete, but must also BRING:
• A HARDCOVER book to press on (there are no tables)
• A pen, pencil, spare paper AND A RULER
• A CALCULATOR