ONLINE SCIENCE LESSONS
Famous for our appealing way of engaging learners with science, the Cape Town Science Centre is launching live & interactive online science lessons – ZOOM SCIENCE ONLINE – so that learners can get their dose of curriculum-aligned learning from the comfort and safety of their home. The first nine lessons will be FREE as Astron Energy has generously sponsored these.
It’s a WIN and here is why:
● Curriculum-aligned learning from the comfort and safety of your home.
● The first nine lessons are FREE! Thank you Astron Energy! Watch this space as we are looking for additional support to make as many lessons free as possible.
● Worksheets and To-Do lists sent ahead of the lesson on registration.
● Lessons are live (not pre-recorded) and interactive and include demonstrations and more… just what you would expect from a visit to the Cape Town Science Centre.
● Each week we offer 3 lessons – Senior, Intermediate and Foundation Phase – at only R35/lesson per learner.
● SPECIAL DEALS – Group rates, package deals and CTSC Member discounts apply.
● Book for your SCHOOL GROUP (or any group) and choose your topic and most suitable time and date for your group online lesson.
● Book directly with the CTSC or and pay through Webtickets, SnapScan or EFT.
● You can be anywhere in South Africa (or the World) to join!
SO WHAT IS THE PROCESS:
– Book your spot – use the link below for the appropriate phase.
– You will receive a confirmation email with a link to the Zoom, a password and resources for the lesson.
This will be the last Zoom Science Online lesson for this term but we will pick them up again on 19 August 2020. Keep a lookout on our page for new topics and more details
WEEK 7 (29 – 31 July )
> Wednesday, 29 July @ 14:00 – 14:40
Senior Phase (Grade 7 – 9)
TOPIC: PLANT DIVERSITY – Explore the characteristics of the two main groups of the plant kingdom.
TO BOOK: Complete the form on Zoom – zoom.us/meeting/register/tJwtceuprTopGNPOOf7K5BU8bnu202_jKRvA
> Thursday, 30 July @ 14:00 – 14:40
Intermediate Phase (Grade 4 – 6)
TOPIC: WHAT PLANTS NEED TO GROW – In order to live and grow, plants need four basic elements: air, water, nutrients, and sunlight.
TO BOOK: Complete the form on Zoom – zoom.us/meeting/register/tJAtcOCprjotG9zj9ZZVDNQc7v_w8_xf4w7J
> Friday, 31 July @ 14:00 – 14:40
Foundation Phase (Grade R – 3)
TOPIC: WEATHER – The weather changes with the seasons. One day it could be windy and so cold, another day it can be rainy, or the perfect day to play at the park!
TO BOOK: Complete the form on Zoom – zoom.us/meeting/register/tJwqduysqjouGdJLRe0JQQefz7qX–2GbQA_
If you need to make a change to your booking please contact Tasneem – firstname.lastname@example.org or 083 276 9508.
If you or your organisation would like to sponsor one or a series of ZOOM SCIENCE ONLINE lessons, making these lessons freely available for all learners, please contact Julie Cleverdon on email@example.com or 083 276 9501.