Coding Workshop for Teachers
Read, Write, CODE!
Calling all teachers… FREE Train the Trainer coding workshops (2,5 hours) at the Cape Town Science Centre from 13 – 15 September (Friday, Saturday or Sunday) as we gear up for Africa Code Week 2019. Africa Code Week is an initiative by SAP.
This workshop is FREE for ALL teachers and will address the following:
• How to teach coding/computer programming using SCRATCH (free software).
• How to organise a coding/computer programming workshop for learners aged 8 to 16 years old.
• How to organise workshops for learners during the actual Africa Code Week in South Africa from 4 to 18 October 2019.
Choose the WORKSHOP TIME most convenient for you and make your BOOKING!
• 13 September 2019, Friday – 14:00 to 16:30, OR
• 14 September 2019, Saturday – 9:00 to 11:30 OR 12:00 to 14:30 OR 15:00 to 17:30
• 15 September 2019, Sunday – 9:00 to 11:30 OR 12:00 to 14:30 OR 15:00 to 17:30
For Bookings, please email your name, school, preferred date and workshop time, as well as your contact details to: email@example.com Or call the CTSC on +27 21 300 3200
SCRATCH (scratch.mit.edu/) is a block-based visual programming language, helping young people learn to think creatively, reason systematically, and work collaboratively – essential skills for life in the 21st century.
AFRICA CODE WEEK (www.africacodeweek.org/) is a continent-wide initiative to promote coding (computer programming) to youth using freely available software. Now in its fifth year we are encouraging Western Cape teachers to continue to engage in this historical initiative by registering to take part in the free “Train the Trainer” workshops. Participating teachers will be given free resources, refreshments and a Certificate of Attendance.