Are you the person for this exciting and diverse position?
Cape Town Science Centre is looking for a passionate individual with the necessary skills to contribute to this much loved ‘edutainment’ destination situated in Observatory. The right person is someone who is willing to learn and go the extra mile to grow with this dynamic centre.
High School Science Teacher
• A Bachelor of Science Degree including a formal teaching qualification
• Teaching experience in Science, Mathematics and/or Technology, taught up to Grade 12
• Ability to communicate both ‘fun’ science with adults and youth; CAPS curriculum to school groups
• Ability to be flexible and work unusual hours when required to do so
• Driver’s license Code B (Code 8)
• Advanced computer skills
Key Areas of the Job:
• Research CAPs document and ensure the CTSC stays relevant to the WCED Strategy.
• Develop and implement FET practical’s, worksheets and workshops.
• Develop the education programme yearly and a ‘creative’ quarterly holiday programme
• Conduct regular ongoing staff training on all workshops, science shows and exhibits
• Assist with conceptualization and development of exhibits and exhibitions
• Do outreach work and facilitate visitors
Applications by e-mail only: firstname.lastname@example.org
Enquiries: Cape Town Science Centre – 021 300 3200
Please note the closing day for applications is 15 Feb 2017. Should you not have heard from the CTSC by 28 Feb 2017, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
The Cape Town Science Centre is an Equal Opportunity Employer.