Online Coding Club – Sept 2020
Categories: What's on
NEW COURSE – Introduction to Small Basics, a text-based coding platform
You may be wondering why your kids should learn to code? Coding is a fun way to express your imagination, creativity, and logical thinking all at once! When you learn to code, you develop various skills, such as how to break down complex problems and solve them step by step.
We will be taking coding to the next level to help kids transition from block-based coding to text-based coding using Small Basic.
Small Basic combines a friendly environment with a very simple language and a rich and engaging set of libraries to make your programs and games pop! Small Basic gives students the skills and confidence to tackle more complex programming languages such as Java and C#. In a matter of few lines of code, you will be well on your way to creating your very own game!
WHAT MAKES THIS COURSE UNIQUE?
– LIVE LESSONS – Lessons are not pre-recorded, we will be with your child every step of the way.
– EASY PACE – The two lessons per week will include demonstrations, discussions and reviewing the weekly building blocks in order to build a playable game.
– SMALL GROUPS – A maximum of ten children per club. Your child will get to interact with their peers and trainer, asking the questions they want to ask.
– ADDITIONAL RESOURCES – Each week you will receive support videos or worksheets.
– SHORT & FOCUSSED – your child will create a complete project within the two-week course.
Let’s start or continue your child’s coding adventure together!
Dates: 14, 15, 21, 22, 28 & 29 September 2020 (The clubs will run on a Monday and Tuesday)
Course Duration: 3 weeks
Class Format: 2 x 1 hour session per week + 1 video per week
Course level: Intermediate
Club size: Max 30 children
Age: 10+ (Because it is texted based coding, kids should be able to type fast)
Cost: R500 (non-members) ● R450 (members)
Bookings: forms.gle/67uAVBYC8sS11i6P6 or contact Tasneem – firstname.lastname@example.org or 083 276 9508
– Participants should be comfortable using the keyboard – NO prior coding skills required
– Requirements: Windows 7+ operating system (MS Small Basics works best on Windows)
– Recommendation: Preferably kids should have two screens (but not compulsory)